apologies – but unfortunately the forecast looks like being too windy for SUP, kayaking and sailing at the open day tomorrow.
The North kiteboarding demo day and kitesurfing deepwater packdown sessions will still go ahead in the afternoon as planned – as will the BBQ and party on the evening.
Sorry to say the free Introduction to Sailing course planned for this evening (Wed 29th) will not be possible due to high winds (23-35 knots forecast).
Next scheduled session is Wed 13th July at 6pm.
Stuart’s is going to try and arrange another Sunday session to catch up – this may be at short notice but if you’ve registered your interest you’ll receive an email.
As mentioned by email – we’ve got a Mid-Summer BBQ planned for tomorrow – 6pm onwards. Nothing too complicated – just good company, beer, food, music
Sun and wind forecast for tomorrow with lowtide early afternoon – so get out there windsurfing / kiting then barbie after
Well no open day due to the weather – but a cracking opening night
Massive thanks to Tony, Sofia, Alex and Mutley for playing the first ever gig upstairs at the club – what an awesome talent they are! Catch them again soon at Festival Too on Sunday 3rd July.
Was great to get a chance on the night to thank just some of the amazing volunteers this club is blessed with. None more so than the one-man ‘A-team’ that is ‘Will-I-Can’ Will Rockcliffe
We hope to reschedule the open day again soon – so watch this space
Just a quick update on the planned open day this sunday (29th):
Several people have asked about whether there’s a minimum age – well the answer is ‘it depends on the activity’
We’ve got very small ‘trainer kites’ that can be flown on the beach by any age. We’ve got ‘joyrides’ in the Wayfarer for 8yr olds and over if the sea state is calm – and the Stand Up Paddleboarding and Canoeing are 13yrs plus… (All children must be accompanied by an adult).
It’s only fair that we warn you that Sunday’s forecast isn’t looking ideal at the moment, with strong northerlies predicted. If it’s too windy / rough then activities may well have to be postponed.
Of course forecasts aren’t always accurate and we plan to make a call sunday morning and will update the website here as soon as we know.
If the British weather comes up trumps and we get a nice bank holiday for a change! These are the planned times / sessions:
10.30-11.00 11.30-12.00 12.30-13.00 (Lunch 13.00-14.00) 14.00-14.30 15.00-15.30
Please bring footwear you don’t mind getting wet, windproof top, change of clothes and a towel (buoyancy aids will be provided, selection of wetsuits also available).
If you’d like to book in advance – you can telephone Dave Harding on 07500 955698 – or just turn up to registration at 10am on sunday