Monthly Archives: April 2015
Venue: Hunstanton Sailing Club
Duration 1 day Sunday 10th May 2015.
Start 9am – Finish about 3pm.
Free to all HSC members and non members (day membership to the club will be required).
Course subject to suitable weather on the day.
Instructor: Stuart Moore.
- Basic knowledge of dinghy sailing and practical experience, able to recover from a capsize (This is not a start sailing lesson)
- Life jacket, wetsuit and suitable protective footwear. Waterproof watch with stop watch feature if available.
- Need to use your own boat (We will also rig a couple of spare boats for those that don’t have a boat. However, depending on numbers you may have to share)
- Catamarans are welcome. However, you must be competent at steering a set course and avoiding other boats.
- Third party insurance (In accordance to the club membership rules)
- Non members welcome – day membership will be required.
To introduce members to club racing. At the end of the session members should have sufficient basic understanding and confidence to enjoy club racing.
Safety and equipment
The racing course
Sailing the course
Starting the race
Basic rules of the road
Basic boat trim to improve speed.
Briefing for practical sessions on the water
Practical sessions on the water
Rounding the windward mark.
Rounding the jibe mark.
Sailing a triangular course
Crossing the start line on time.
Fun practice races.
Review and Debrief
To register email Stuart Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org
Well i think a fitting send-off for a much-loved, fun-loving, lovely, inspirational, smiley character – big, big thanks to everyone involved – what a wonderful family / community we share…
If you’ve not sponsored ‘Team Sands’ yet – see the link below